This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) governs the manner in which The Markets Guide (“The Markets Guide” or “Us”) collects, uses, processes, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”, or “You”) of our website, available at: firstname.lastname@example.org (“Site”) and of our app, available at App Store and Google Play (“App”). This Privacy Notice applies to the Site, App and to all products and services offered by Us in relation therewith (“Services”).
If You choose to use the Services, interact with the Site or the App, or otherwise provide data to us, You explicitly agree to the use of such data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You may not use the Services, the Site, the App or submit any data through them if You do not agree to any of the terms hereunder. This Privacy Notice shall not be construed in any manner to derogate from Our Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) or any other agreement or understanding between The Markets Guide and You.
Please note, that the Site, App and the Services may contain links to other websites, products or services offered by third parties, which are not governed by this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of entities which are not controlled by The Markets Guide.
You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data (as defined below). Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary.
By engaging with us to receive the Services, You expressly agree and unequivocally consent to the processing of Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If You have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data or would otherwise like to contact us in connection with this Privacy Notice, please send us an email to: email@example.com.
Our Services are not intended for or offered to minors, if You are under 18 years old, You may not use the Services or provide us with any Personal Data.
The Markets Guide does not knowingly collect or process any sensitive Personal Data, defined under the GDPR as “Special Categories of Personal Data”.
You may request to review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data retained by The Markets Guide in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in case you request to erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide You with some or all of the Services.
- We may record telephone and/or email correspondence with You and our representative for quality assurances and record-keeping purposes. By agreeing to this Privacy Notice You acknowledge and agree that You may be recorded as aforementioned. If You do not wish to be recorded please notify us at the beginning of such call or email.
We may transfer your Personal Data outside the geographical region through which collection or access to the Services is made. By using The Markets Guide's Services, You expressly agree to such transfer. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with recognized international standards, we will ensure that data transferred to our databases in that country is adequately protected and that the transfer of data to third parties in such countries is made pursuant to a contract or other measures providing adequate protection.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users Personal Data to third parties. We share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the provision of the Services to our Users and as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice.
What is Personal Data, and what data is collected about me by The Markets Guide?
“Personal Data”, means any information which identifies or can be used to identify a natural person, including, but not limited to, first and last name, phone number, email address, IP address, credit card information, etc.
We collect data regarding Users concerning their use of the Site, App and Services, such as the scope, frequency, latency, pages accessed, what and when a User views or interacts with content and materials displayed through our Services, device identifiers, and other technical information regarding the device used to access the Services, such as model, operating system, etc.
We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when You visit our Site or App. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to You.
In order to use the Services, You will be requested to create an account by providing certain Personal Data, such as name and email address. Alternatively, You may create an account by signing up with your Gmail or Facebook account (“Social Network Account”). In case you will sign up with the Social Network Account, we will receive information regarding your Social Network Account, namely user name and profile picture.
In order to place an order, You will be requested to provide information such as your name, address, phone number and credit card information. We will also collect and process the history of your purchases and transactions made through the Site and App.
User's Preferences. While using our services, we collect certain data regarding your preferences, such as your favorite products, your placed bids, etc.
- In case You use Our App, We may also use and collect your real time location, among others, in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the App is installed, or by identifying the wireless networks available for your device at certain times. You may program your device to block our access to your location data. In addition, We log users Internet protocol (IP) address, and other unique user or device identifiers.
Recorded Calls Notice. If You contact us on various customer support issues of other matters, we may also collect data associated with these communications. You acknowledge and agree that phone conversations and/or email and/or through different social networks correspondence with The Markets Guide's representatives (collectively, “Calls”) may be recorded, transcribed, monitored, analyzed and/or archived for quality assurances and/or record-keeping purposes, and You hereby expressly agree to such recording and/or monitoring for quality assurances and/or record-keeping purposes, which shall be governed by this Privacy Notice. If You do not wish to be recorded please notify us at the beginning of such Call. If You have any question regarding our call recordings please contact our customer service representative at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not knowingly collect or process any Personal Data included in Special Categories of Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR). In the event You become aware that such data has been collected by us, please inform us immediately.
- We also collect auction information such as bids, wins, losses, exact prices during each step of the auction or any bid placed by the User, information on how much time a person views a certain product, with respect to product and User.
- We also collect device information, OS/BROWSER/VENDOR/screen resolutions and advertising ids (Apple and google) for ad optimization.
- We also collectall of the info which is collected by using FACEBOOK/GOOGLE pixels.
What will The Markets Guide do with my data?
Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is used mainly for click stream analysis in order to constantly improve and maintain our Site, App and Services, including among others, in order to measure and understand the level of engagement to our Services, for general business analytics and in order to provide a more personalized experience and tailored content, for ensuring the technical functioning of our network, to help prevent fraudulent use of our Services and for developing new services and features.
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Services and resources provided on our Site and App. This information is statistical in nature.
Personal Data. Personal Data is used only for the following limited purposes:
- To provide You with the Services, process transactions, facilitate delivery of products, create and display your account and send You with notices about your transactions.
- To resolve any disputes, communicate with You regarding customer service and support issues, and to respond to questions or comments and help resolve any problems.
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Site, App or the Service and to enforce our Terms.
- To protect the security or integrity of our databases and the Services, and to take precautions against legal liability.
- To improve the Services, and to develop new features, products and services.
- To improve your experience on the Site or App and customize our Services to your interests, including by way of targeted advertising.
- To offer You other services and products you may find interesting, based on your interests in the Site, App and Services.
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, to the extent not overridden by the rights and freedoms of natural persons, as permitted under applicable law.
- To provide updates with respect to material changes to this Privacy Notice or our Terms.
Yes, we use data files such as cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage files provided by your browser or associated applications (“Cookies”). We use these technologies in order to recognize You as a customer; customize our Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our Site, App and Services.
Cookies can be placed on your device by the website operator such as The Markets Guide, when You visit our Site or App, such Cookies constitute – “first party” Cookies, or by a party other than The Markets Guide, in which case the Cookies will constitute – “third party” Cookies.
Cookies can be differentiated by their time of use:
“Session Cookies” are Cookies that exists between the time You visit a website and the time You ended the particular browsing session. Session Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when You close your internet browser.
“Persistent Cookies” are Cookies that stay on your device – they do not expire and are not automatically deleted when You close your browser or App. The length of time Persistent Cookies stay on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and third parties use Persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, to keep a more accurate account of how often You visit our Site and App, how often You return, how your use of our Site and App may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
You may at any time program your browser or App to block Cookies, but please be aware that such blocking may prevent us from providing some or all of the Services to You. These cookies help us track how visitors use the Site, App and our Services.
If You wish not to receive Cookies from us, with the exception of technical Cookies, You may notify us by following the instructions for opting out of such Cookies on our Site and App or sending us an email to: email@example.com.
How We Protect Your Data?
We adopt appropriate and generally accepted data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data. Personal Data exchange between the Site and App and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How Can I Control My Personal Data?
Reviewing and amending your Personal Data. You are entitled to review your Personal Data, and may exercise such right by sending us a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event any Personal Data is incorrect or outdated, You may update and correct such data by providing us with appropriate notification.
Right of erasure and restriction. You may also request the deletion or the restriction of your Personal Data, and The Markets Guide will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
Portability of Personal Data. To the extent relevant to You and to the Services, You may be entitled to request the portability of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
Retention of We reserve the right to retain any Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to: (i) fulfill the purposes described herein; (ii) in the defense or assertion of legal claims and liability; (iii) for the analysis and development of the Services; and (iv) to comply with applicable law. Non-Personal Data and statistical anonymized data may be retained by us without limitation.
Will The Markets Guide Share My Personal Data With Others?
- Non-Personal Data, aggregate and statistical or otherwise anonymized data may be shared without limitation with third parties at our discretion. This information does not contain Personal Data and is used to develop content and services for our Users and clients.
We share Personal Data only under the following limited circumstances:
- With third party suppliers who are delivering Services to You.
For example, we share Personal Data with credit card service providers in order to charge your transaction, We share Personal Data with the sellers in order to provide You the purchased product, and We share Personal Data with delivery companies delivering you the purchased products.
- For personalizing your experience of the Services.
- As necessary to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and fraud, and to guide decisions about products, services and communications.
- With our affiliates and connected companies, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies.
- To comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Services, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
What is the lawful basis under which The Markets Guide processes Personal Data?
- Certain processing activities conducted by us are based on the necessity of such activities for the performance of our Services between Us and our Users and customers. For example, we need to process your credit card details, name and address for the purchase and shipment of product.
- Other processing activities are based on the grounds that they are necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons which require protection of Personal Data.
- There may be certain processing activities based on your consent. For example, processing of your purchase preferences. In connection with such activities, You may rescind your consent at any time, by sending us an email to: email@example.com. Please note that in the event You rescind your consent to the processing of Personal Data, we may not be able to provide You with some or all of the Services.
Will The Markets Guide transfer my Personal Data internationally?
- Our databases are currently located in the US. The Markets Guide may transfer your Personal Data internationally for the purpose of providing You with the services, if necessary.
- Some of our processing activities are made in Israel. The European Commission has decided that the State of Israel ensures an adequate level of privacy and data protection, therefore, in accordance with the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to Israel is lawful and does not require any specific authorization.
- Any transfer of Personal Data originating from the EU to a third country shall be made in accordance with applicable law, including by providing adequate protections, or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of our Users' rights.
Will I receive promotional materials from The Markets Guide?
If You consent to receive marketing materials, we will send You with information regarding new products, features, and offers, based on your purchase history and preferences.
You may at any time choose to opt-out and to not receive these communications, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
It is The Markets Guide's policy not to provide Services to minors, and not to accept Users under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not intend to collect or maintain Personal Data from anyone we know to be under the age of 18.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Markets Guide may update this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically and become aware of any modifications.
The provisions included in this Notice relating to matters regulated under the GDPR will apply only to the processing of Personal Data which is subject to the GDPR in accordance with the applicability provisions contained therein. If the GDPR does not apply to the processing of your Personal Data, some of the provisions above may not apply to You. Otherwise, this notice shall be governed by the laws of Cyprus.
Questions or concerns regarding privacy
If You have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this site or the App, or your dealings with this Site or the App, please contact us at: email@example.com, and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns without delay.
You are also entitled to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in connection with concerns You may have with regards to your privacy and Personal Data.